The Station Networks Directorate is headed by a Director. The Director Station Networks reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following activities.
- Planning the development and expansion of meteorological and Climatological station network;
- Coordinating and implementing activities of WMO Commission for Instruments and Methods of Observation (CIMO);
- Maintaining of operational standards for Climatological, agro-meteorological and rainfall stations.
- Developing and maintaining Quality Management Framework for provision of weather, climate data and related services; and
- Ensuring Directorate performance/financial targets are met