The division is headed by a Procurement and Supplies Manager. The Procurement Manager is also the Secretary to UNMA Procurement and Disposal Unit
Main functions of the section are;
- Deals with procurement of UNMA requirement both capital and recurrent in nature, which are obtained locally. These include supplies, furniture etc.
- The section deals with UNMA’s requirements that cannot be obtained locally. Such include meteorological instruments, Communications equipment, consumables etc.
- Clearing and forwarding of the UNMA consignments.
- Verification of invoices/cash sales and requisitions in relation to goods received.
- Oversees that requests from outstations are met
- Compiles monthly and quarterly returns
- Preparation of procurement contracts